Specialties ans Sub-Disciplines
of Computer Engineers
- Applies principles of physics and mathematics to the design, implementation, and analysis of computer and communication systems.
- Computer Engineers work with:
- Electric Circuits
- and Software
- Computer Engineers often work with hardware or software
- In hardware they can be form the design of individual microprocessors to building the entire computer
- Some examples of software may be anything from designing operating systems such as Windows or Mac, or programming.
- Computer Architecture
- the conceptual design and fundamental operational structure of a computer system.
- Basically this is the blueprints for the make-up of the computer
- The most famous area of this is Microarchitecture, which is the electrical ciruitry of a computer, CPU, or digital signal processor
- Human-computer interaction
- The way a person can interact with a computer. Examples are keyboards or mice
- Operating Systems
this is the software that manages and controls the sharing of resources in a computer
The writing, testing, and maintaining code for programs
Back to Main